Which came first the chicken or the egg? We’ll leave that to the philosophers. Around here the bigger debate is the best way to cook them. Today we’re hard boiling. And it’s easier than you might have thought.
There are almost as many reasons why you should include eggs in your cooking bag of tricks as there are eggs in a carton.
- are inexpensive
- are good for you
- are easy to work with
- cook quickly
- are filled with protein
- can be served for all three meals
- can be found everywhere
- are able to turn a few basic ingredients into a cake
- can make 12 servings for around two dollars
- AND eggs even come in their own carrying case.
Best of all, if you make a mistake, (and who hasn’t?), there are 11 more in the carton so you can try again.
So what are you waiting for? Get your egg carton out and let’s get crackin’. In less than ten minutes you can have your eggs poached, scrambled or in a delicious breakfast sandwich. But the easiest egg to make is the hard boiled one.
To hard boil eggs:
- Place eggs in a pan, cover them with water and bring to a boil.
- When the water is at a full boil, turn off the burner, cover the pan and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, rinse the eggs with cold water and – poof – hard boiled eggs.
You now have the perfect snack, sandwich filler or topping for a salad.
Now you’re cookin’.