Everyone in the family will love spiraled vegetables, or, if you’re trying to get more goodness into your 4 year old we won’t snitch if you call it “schetties,” and they’ll never miss actual spaghetti. Once you try this dish, neither will you. To make this dish you will need a “Vegetable Spiralizer”
Skills: spiralizing, sauteing, slicing, shredding
Spiralized Zucchini Pasta
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 3 medium zucchini
- pint of grape tomatoes, sliced in halves
- parmasean cheese for garnish
- 1. In a large frying pan, add a few tablespoons of olive oil and the butter and heat until butter is melted.
- Add onions and cook on medium until the onions are softened, but haven’t begun to brown yet. About 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for two more minutes.
- Add the zucchini and sauté the entire mixture until the zucchini begins to just barely soften, About 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to cook until they just begin to soften.
- Put portion on plate and sprinkle on cheese if desired.
2 servings (as main dish)
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics