We especially love to serve this recipe to people who were certain they hate sweet potatoes. Why? Because they learn they don’t hate sweet potatoes, they hate the sickly sweet, mushy kind blanketed in marshmallows served at childhood Thanksgivings.
Try this for yourself. It’s fast and easy and they’re probably won’t be leftovers.
This is a perfect dish for Red Pepper Infused Olive Oil.
Extra easy recipe and just the right amount of spicy kick for these sweet potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (like it hotter -> more to your taste ) 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons pepper-infused olive oil (Or regular olive oil will do just fine.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. (Be sure to pre-heat your roasting pan in it!)
- Coarsely grind coriander, fennel, oregano, and red pepper flakes with a mortar and pestle or electric spice/coffee grinder. Mix in salt.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1-inch wedges.
- Toss wedges with oil and spices.
- Roast in middle of oven of 15-20 minutes.
- Turn wedges over with a spatula and roast until tender and slightly golden, about 15minutes more.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics