The fragrance and flavor of rosemary pairs great with all potatoes, not just red. Adjust the amount of garlic to your taste and don’t be afraid to use a tablespoon of garlic powder in place of fresh cloves.
Cook savvy: To get an added bit of crisp when roasting any vegetables, let the pan warm up in the oven while you’re preheating. Use oven mitts to remove it, carefully add the vegetables, and return it to the oven for the prescribed cooking time.
Roasted Red Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
- 5-6 Red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (infused with red pepper flakes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces (about 3/4 of an inch thick)
- Mince the rosemary.
- Mince the garlic.
- Pour the olive oil into a large bowl.
- Mix the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper into the olive oil.
- Add the potatoes and mix until all the potatoes are coated.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer onto rimmed baking pan.
- Roast in oven for at least 45 minutes, longer if you want even crispier potatoes.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics