Here’s a variation on on of our favorite things: hummus. The roasted peppers blend perfectly into this recipe and crate an exciting variation of our standard Garlic Hummus.
Serve this on a platter at a party or in a bowl for Sunday afternoon snacking. It goes perfectly with or Homemade Crunchy Pita Chips or your favorite finger food vegetables. Or spread on sandwiches for a tasty flavor boost.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted (see note)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped plus some for garnish. (jar variety is fine or roast your own)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Put lemon juice and tahini into food processor. Blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Put remaining chickpeas, peppers, oil, salt and cumin in food processor.
- Pulse to blend until well incorporated. For a thinner hummus you can add a little water, two tablespoons at a time.
- Add more lemon juice or salt to taste.
- Tansfer to serving dish and garnish with the tablespoon of chopped peppers.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil.
Note: No roasted Garlic on hand? Do this: Preheat broiler. Bake garlic under broiler for about 10 minutes brown all over and soft. Let cool. Peel.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics