This is a rich corn dish with spunky flavors that goes great with soup, salad and chili. Or enjoy it alone as a snack.
Skills: dicing, mixing, baking, testing for doneness
1 cup melted butter (or margarine)
1 15.25-ounce can whole kernel corn
1 14.75-ounce can cream-style corn
½ cup sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 12-ounce package corn muffin mix
½ small red pepper, diced (optional)
½ small green pepper, diced (optional)
2 green onions, white part sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Drain whole kernel corn.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole-kernel corn, cream-style corn, sour cream, melted butter, beaten eggs, corn muffin mix, red and green peppers and onion.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Serve warm like a casserole with a small salad. Or let cook 10 or 15 minutes longer, let cool, and serve as cornbread.
Serves 10-12. Great with chili or soup!
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics