Spinach and chickpeas simmered in vibrant spices: cumin, coriander and paprika. Can’t think of anything more flavorful. Serve this warm or at room temperature—perhaps along side couscous. If there are leftovers, think about adding some shredded poached chicken and serve it over rice. No one will complain!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 20oz package baby spinach
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oil in wide sauté pan over medium-high heat
- When hot stir in garlic.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted – about 6 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas with 1/2 cup water.
- Add cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne.
- Cook on medium heat uncovered for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Liquids will reduce leaving a little thickened sauce.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics