A hearty, quick dish you can stir together any time. If you’re looking to lighten the dairy fat you can reduce the cream by a third and add some reserved pasta water. The results will be thinner, but then so might you be! 😉 Either way this is a fantastic fall changeup from the same old marinaras and expected Alfredo sauces we’re used to.
It goes together in a flash (only five ingredients) so it’s also a great last minute indulgence of warm, pumpkin and pasta comfort. Here we went with gluten-free penne but you can choose your favorite pasta.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup fresh-grated Parmesan
- 10 fresh sage leaves, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt and fresh-ground pepper
- Combine cream, pumpkin, Parmesan, sage, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer on low the mixture until slightly thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately.
Makes about 2 cups sauce.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics