If you’ve been scrambling your eggs over med-high heat you’re missing out on really wonderful silky, moist eggs. Give this method a try. It’s like learning a new way to tie your shoes.
Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped small
- 1.In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium low heat
- While the butter is melting, crack the eggs into a large bowl, adding the water, and whip them well.
- Pour eggs in pan and with a rubber spatula, slowly stir them.
- And stir them.
- And stir them some more. Nothing will happen for a while and you will get bored, but don’t turn up the heat!
- Eventually small portions of the egg will begin to clump together. Finally.
- Keep stirring, very slowly until all the liquid is just barely gone and the eggs are moist and you will have creamy eggs.
- For added flavor toss in the chives and cheese at the last minute giving one gentle stir so you can still see the cheese in the eggs.
Serve with toast and fruit, or salad for brunch.