Take some vegetables. Cut them up in sizable chunks. Season them. Roast Them. Eat them. Share them with friends.
This dish never fails and can be a meal on it’s own or a hearty, healthful side. This recipe makes a lot and reminds us about everything great about vegetable gardens!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 medium carrots cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice carrots into 1½ inch thick pieces.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Slice red potatoes into 1½ inch slices.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1½ inch slices.
- Place vegetables into a large bowl.
- Pour oil into bowl.
- Add oregano, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir vegetables until all vegetables are well coated with oil and herbs.
- Spread the vegetables evenly onto a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes.