Talk about “no fail.” This is one of those recipes that is barely a recipe at all it’s so simple. If you can open a can this will become your favorite go-to recipe for a delicious side dish or a quick mid-week meal because you can always have the main ingredients on hand in the cupboard AND it takes all of five minutes to make.
As long as you have beans and olive oil on hand you’re all set. No parmesan? No worries. Skip it or add a different grated cheese. Don’t like arugula? Spring mix or baby spinach works just as well. Are you a vegetarian? Then skip the pancetta. And if it’s not filling enough for you, serve it over rice instead. But for me, it’s all about the Sriracha!
- olive oil
- ½ pound of pancetta, cubed (or crumbled bacon) (both optional)
- 3 cans of beans – black, kidney, cannellini, pinto, etc (I mix it up to add color to the dish)
- sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper
- arugula (or whatever greens you have on hand)
- parmesan cheese, shaved or grated (to garnish)
- Drizzle olive oil in a frying pan and heat on medium.
- Cook pancetta cubes until just crisp.
- Drain beans, rinse and shake excess water off and add to frying pan.
- Heat on medium-low adding salt and pepper to season.
- When beans are just hot, add 2 tablespoons sriracha and stir. Taste and add more to your liking.
- In the meantime, line a medium sized serving dish with arugula (or other greens).
- When the beans are hot, lay them on the greens, sprinkle with the shaved cheese and serve.
- For a cold salad let the beans cool completely before adding to the greens.