You’re never far from a delicious, healthier than chips snack that will satisfy your crunch craving if you keep a package of pita bread in your pantry. Pita bread quickly transforms into a wonderful snack that you can decide how to flavor based on your mood or what you’re serving it with.
We used cumin and coriander in this recipe for a Middle Eastern taste, but chili pepper, cayenne, or just salt are other equally tasty possibilities. Experiment!
Another aspect of pita chip snacks that you’ll love – the price. A pack of six loaves will make a bowlful of chips and costs and in most areas will only set you back $1.50 or less!
- 3 whole pita loaves
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Slice each pita loaf into eighths, creating triangles.
- Carefully open the folded triangles and separate them into two pieces by tearing or cutting them at the wide end.
- Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush (or spray) each triangle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, cumin and coriander on all the chips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Keeping an eye on them as the bake as they’ll burn quickly if left unattended for too long.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics