Around here we’ve pretty much never met a brownie we didn’t like and that includes this one. Which just goes to show you sugar isn’t everything when it comes to flavor. The applesauce and almond butter bring a perfect balance of sweet, while zucchini plays an Oscars-worthy best supporting role.
Skills: measuring, shredding, milling, baking
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup all natural applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups zucchini, shredded and loosely packed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8×10” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Blend oats in blender until fine. (It takes a minute or two)
- In a large bowl (electric mixer works well) mix together the almond butter, applesauce, honey, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the zucchini, cocoa powder, oats, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Stir in half of the chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chips to the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Check at 30 minutes.
- Cool brownies and then slice.