Most folks we know have only eaten radishes raw, sprinkled into salads. This yummy side dish pairs radishes with baby carrots and roasts them. It’s a totally different flavor! We recommend adding the lemon juice for an extra kick of flavor but the dish is just as tasty without.
Skills: Slicing, mixing, roasting
1 bunch small to medium radishes
12 - 18 baby carrots
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme (or rosemary)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
lemon half (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Wash radishes and cut off stems.
- Slice radishes in half.
- Combine the radishes and carrots with the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and put into oven.
- Roast until tender yet firm in the center, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with a little lemon juice (optional) and serve.
- Serves 4
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics