How easy it this! Give your box mac and cheese a little more nutritional punch by cooking some broccoli florets right in the boiling pasta water!
1 box macaroni and cheese dinner mix
1 cup of broccoli florets
Milk and butter as directed on the box
Up to ¼ cup additional milk
- Cut 1 broccoli crown into small florets, about the same size.
- Begin to prepare the box macaroni and cheese dinner as directed on the box but when there’s only about 4 minutes remaining for the pasta to cook, add the broccoli florets to the pot.
- Boil pasta and broccoli together for the remaining four minutes.
- Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Add the cheese sauce mix, butter and milk as directed on the box.
- Add additional milk if necessary to make more sauce.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics