This sweet/tart side dish is lovely enough to serve to company but easy enough to enjoy any time. A nice mix of sweetness from the maple syrup and tang from the cranberries, mixed with a kiss of cinnamon makes the Brussel sprouts really shine. Careful though,like all sweet foods, this dish is pretty loaded with sugars and therefore we could only give it one ♥ for nutrition. But it’s still better for you than say cookies! Enjoy.
Skills: Measuring, Mixing, Baking, Laying out crust
Apple Maple Cinnamon Brussels Sprouts
1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup 100% apple juice
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove any discolored outer leaves from Brussels sprouts.
- Trim woody stems, and sprouts in halves or quarters.
- Spread Brussels sprouts onto a large rimmed baking sheet, toss with enough olive oil to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast Brussels sprouts for about 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of your Brussels sprouts. Check every 10 minutes, turning frequently with a spatula until Brussels sprouts are fork tender and evenly roasted.
- While Brussels sprouts are roasting, pour apple juice and maple syrup into a small saucepan, cook and stir over medium heat until liquid begins to simmer. Let simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until it reduces to a syrup-like consistency.
- Transfer roasted Brussels sprouts to a serving plate.
- Drizzle with apple syrup and lightly dust with cinnamon.
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics