This recipe is super fast and can be made with almost any leftover vegetables you have or whatever’s in your fresh vegetable bin. You might toss in a little cooked bacon or ham, or sprinkle shredded cheese on top after the eggs are cooked. Experiment with several combinations of ingredients to come up with your favorites. And don’t worry if you don’t have little ceramic ramekins. You can make this in a coffee cup.
- 2 eggs
- Choose from:
- Chopped red pepper
- Chopped green pepper
- Small broccoli florets
- Chopped onion
- Chopped fresh spinach
- Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Crack two eggs into small microwave-safe dish, ramekin or coffee cup
- Whisk eggs with a fork until mixed together
- Add a tablespoon or so of each vegetable youíve chosen, chopped small
- Place dish or cup in microwave and cover loosely with folded paper towel
- Microwave for 1:30 to 2:00 minutes, microwaves vary.
- When eggs are set, it’s ready to eat.
- Carefully remove dish or cup from microwave. It will be hot.
- Let sit for a minute then enjoy!
Co-Author of Garden Candy Basics